Fri, 10 Apr|
Eagles View Yoga Studio
the art of listening - Durban
This 2-day workshop will be about rediscovering the power that you have to listen to yourself and others and gaining insight into what might be preventing you from doing this.
Time & Location
10 Apr 2020, 10:00 – 11 Apr 2020, 17:00
Eagles View Yoga Studio, 4 Galloway Ln, Winston Park, Gillitts, 3610, Zuid-Afrika
About The Event
Join CNVC trainers Nic Burnand and Sarah Dekker for a Nonviolent Communication (NVC) workshop in Durban. Learn practical tools that enable us to truly listen to ourselves and others. Come up with joint solutions that best meet the needs of everyone involved.
In an interactive and supportive learning environment, we will discover old habits of mind and speech that produce distress and walls of separation. We will explore and practice new habits that reveal compassion, connection, and healing in ourselves and with others.
These two days will be about rediscovering the power that you have to listen to yourself and others and gaining insight into what might be preventing you from doing this. We will practice:
- Connecting with the depth of my experience so that my words reflect my inner truth
- Consciously listening to myself while listening to others
- Asking for what I want without demanding or putting pressure on others
- Navigating a conversation toward meeting everyone’s needs
- Fostering kindness towards myself and establishing clear boundaries
- Being fully present with Life
- Transforming judgments and criticism into understanding and connection
- And more…
This training is both for people who are new to NVC and for those who have some experience with Nonviolent Communication and would like to increase their understanding of, and fluency in, the process.
Places are limited, and booking is essential. Cost of R1800 per person includes tea, snacks and a vegetarian lunch.